DIN-FOOD Pump Application
The DIN-FOOD pump is a hygienic high capacity centrifugal pump (up to 1000 m³/h) designed to cater for an unfulfilled need in the food-processing and chemical and pharmaceutical industries. The applications of the high-flow centrifugal pump include processes in the brewing, dairy and beverage industries in general, as well as in ultra-filtering processes. It can also be used in the textile industry and in some specific processes in the chemical, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries.
Housed inside the casing, the impeller rotates in conjunction with the pump shaft. With this arrangement, the impeller blades convey energy to the fluid in the form of kinetic energy and pressure energy. This pump is not reversible by a simple reversal of the direction of rotation. The direction of rotation is clockwise when the pump is viewed from the rear side of the motor.
DIN-FOOD Pump Design and Features
- Casing with volute manufactured with 8 mm cold-formed plate.
- Aseptic flanges according to DIN 11864-2.
- Double curvature impeller with blades on the rear side to reduce the axial
- thrust.Axial adjustment of the impeller (bare shaft version). Hygienic mechanical seal.
- Fully drainable pump.
- Designed according to the EHEDG standards.
- IEC B3 motors (B35 close-coupled constructions),
- IP 55, F-class insulation..
Parts in contact with pumped media: AISI 316L
Lantern and bearing support: CF8 / GG-22
Gaskets: EPDM according to FDA 177.2600
Mechanical seal: SiC/C/EPDM
Inside surface finish: Ra ≤ 0.8
Outside surface finish: satin
Max.flow: 1000 m³/h 4403 US GPM
Max.differential head: 90 mwc 295 ft
Max.operating pressure: 10 bar 145 PSI
Max.working temperature: -10 ºC to +120 ºC (EPDM) 14 ºF to 248 ºF
+140 ºC (SIP, max. 30 min) 284 ºF
Max.speed: 1800 rpm
3600 rpm (model 125-100-250/2)
- Close-coupled construction for models 250.
- Mechanical seal in SiC/SiC for abrasive materials.
- Tandem type mechanical seal and pressurized double mehcanical seal.
- Gaskets: FPM and PTFE.
- Industrial finish (DIN-TEX).
- Motor shroud.
- Motors with additional protection.
- Stainless steel base plate.
- ATEX version available.