The KS pumps are sanitary progressive cavity pumps. Because of their design, they are self-priming pumps that can suction from a maximum height of 7 meters. These types of pumps can transfer products of low and high viscosity, as well as products containing particles.
Due to their multiple purposes, they are used to pump edible oils, wine, concentrates and beverages in general. They are also used with viscous food products such as jam and marmalade, pasta, pâté, melted cheese… In the cosmetic industry these pumps are used in applications involving various cosmetic products such as soap, gels and creams.
The pump’s main components are the moving part (the rotor) amd the fixed part (the stator).
The turning motion of the rotor makes the cavities between the rotor and the stator move forward and transport the product to the outlet.
Design and features
- KS type is a sanitary progressive cavity pump.
- Bare shaft construction with bearing support.
- Due to the design, they are self-priming and reversible.
- Open transmission (hygienic design).
- Excentric outlet.
Parts in contact with the product: Stainless steel AISI 316L (1.4404)
Other steel parts: Stainless steel AISI 304 (1.4301)
Bearing support: GG-22
Stator: black NBR (according to FDA and EC 1935/2004)
Gaskets in contact with the product: FPM (according to FDA and EC 1935/2004)
Single internal mechanical seal: EN 12756 l1k (according to FDA and EC 1935/2004):
Rotary part: Silicon carbide (SiC)
Stationary part: Carbon (C)
Internal: Bright polish, Ra ≤ 0,8 µm
- DIN 11851
- Double pressurized mechanical seal.
- Single flushed mechanical seal (Quench).
- Mechanical seal: SiC/SiC.
- Gland packing.
- Stators: white EPDM and black NBR.
- Gaskets: EPDM.
- Other types of connections.
- Heavy-duty transmission.
- Fixed transmission.
- Pump casing with heating jacket.
- Stainless steel trolley.
- Electrical control panel.
- Bypass pressure relief valve.
- Cleaning port (CIP).
- ATEX certification.
Max. flow: 60 m3/h / 264 US GPM
Max. head: 12 bar / 174 PSI
Max. working temp: 90ºC / 194ºF
Max. viscosity: 1.000.000 mPa.s