- Hygienic design suitable for pharmaceutical application, cosmetic and food products.
- Indicated for complex and fluid agitation processes with extreme behaviours.
- Mixing and homogenization of medium and high viscosity products.
- Optimal for products with changes in viscosity throughout the process. Additionally, using a variable frequency drive, the speed of rotation can be modified in the different stages.
- The scraper anchor helps to homogenize the temperature in processes with heat transfer.
- Very suitable for heat exchange processes.
MCR Counter-rotating Agitator Operating principle
The agitator consists of two coaxial shafts connected to two geared motors that rotate in opposite directions. The central shaft rotates at higher speeds and has propellers optimized for dispersion and mixing in low-viscosity phases. The outer shaft is connected to an anchor with scrapers to homogenize and remove the product from the tank walls, preventing it from overheating and allowing faster and more homogeneous heat transfer. Additionally, it behaves as a deflector for the central propellers when the product has low viscosity.
It can be configured with a wide range of powers and turning speeds, giving the mixer great application versatility.
Design and features
- Hygienic design according to EHEDG guidelines.
- Optimized for CIP and SIP processes of all internal components.
- Easy maintenance and replacement of wear parts such as mechanical seal and bearing.
- Independent high-efficiency bevel gear motors for anchor and central axis.
- The mixing elements are adapted to the requirements of the equipment geometry and process parameters.
- The agitator has a modular design and is fully configurable with different options for surface finish, sealing system and elastomeric materials, type of anchor, different lower anchor support systems and, in addition, the possibility of ATEX certification.
- Components in contact with product 1.4404 (AISI 316L)
- Other steel components 1.4404 (AISI 316L)
- Mechanical seal SiC/C
- Mechanical seal elastomers EPDM / FPM
- Lip seal PTFE
Working pressure: -1 ila 6 bar
Working temperature: -7ºC ila 150ºC