The NBI series agitators are medium speed vertical agitators with geared motor.
These agitators can be used in processes of mixing, dissolution, dispersion, and maintenance whenever a medium or mild agitation of medium or low viscosity products is required in the food processing, cosmetics, pharmaceutical or chemical industries.
NBI Vertical Agitator Operating Principle
NBI Vertical Agitators are normally installed inside the tank either centrally with current deflectors, or offset to prevent the rotation of the stirred product.
The rotation of the propeller makes the fluid flow to the bottom and then up to the surface of the product along the walls of the tank. The effect is promoted if the bottom of the tank is curved.
Design and features
- Vertical agitator.
- Sealing: V-ring.
- Propeller attached to shaft and the shaft attached to the geared motor by Allen studbolts.
- Helical gear unit with reinforced bearings and food-grade oil.
- Motors: IP 55, F-class insulation.
- Maximum power 1,1 kW.
- Marine propeller (Type 10).
- Parts in contact with the product: Stainless steel AISI 316L
- V-ring: NBR
- Surface finish: Ra ≤ 0,8 µm
- V-ring: FPM.
- Welded propeller with Ra ≤ 0,5 μm surface finish.
- Shaft and propeller lined with plastic material for use with corrosive products.
- Drive shroud.
- Motors with other protections.