Sil Pig Product Recovery System Application
The PIG system is ideal for the recovery of any product remaining in a pipeline in the end of the transfer process. As this product can be of a high value the PIG system recovers the
product removing it from the pipelines and preparing the pipeline for a CIP process. Another benefit is the reduction of the fluid sent to the sewage treatment plant that results in saving energy and water.
The main application of the system is viscous media. Among the products treated there are chocolates, marmelades, confectionary creams in the food-processing industry, or gels, creames and other body care products of high value in the cosmetic industry.
Sil Pig Product Recovery System Operating Principle
The system comprises a launcher, a receiver, a PIG (or a sphere), two position detectors (one for the lancher and the other for the receiver), four automatic butterfly valves and 2 KH multi-way valves
The basic principle is that the sphere is put to the launch position Then the sphere is driven by a propellant (normally compressed air) down the pipeline to the receiver thus recovering any product left in the pipeline. When recovery is complete, the PIG is situated at the receiver and the system can be cleaned, the PIG can also be cleaned durig the normal CIP routine. Upon completion of the CIP process the sphere is located in the launcher leaving the plant ready for the next production run
Design and features
- Standard system: SIL PIG.
- Hygienic system.
- High level of product recovery.
- PIG can pass through 1.5D bends.
- Connections: DIN (standard).
- Size ranges: DN40 (1 ½”) to DN80 (3″).
- Connections: RJT, SMS, clamp, flanges, etc.
- Spheres: EPDM, Nitrile, Neoprene and Viton ®.
- Gaskets: Silicone, NBR, PTFE, Viton ®.
- STERIPIG system.
- Manual system (launch and/or reception)
- Various levels of automation.
- Control panel.
- Second drain port.
- Metallic product contact surfaces: AISI 316 L
- Other metal parts: AISI 304
- PIG: Silicone
- Gaskets: EPDM
Max. temperature: 120ºC
Max. operating pressure: 10 bar
Air pressure: 5-7 bar
Indicators, switches and solenoids: 24 VDC
Benefits / Advantages
- Production downtime reduced.
- Raw material loss reduced.
- Recovery of up to 98% of the product.
- Effluent reduced.
- CIP cleaning time, water consumption and quantity of chemical products reduced.