The bottom side entry agitators are used in process and storage tanks in the applications of the food-processing industry. The main application is agitation of low viscosity products like wine, oil, milk, beer, alcohol, etc. in large volume tanks.
Bottom Side Entry Agitator – LR/LM Operating Principle
The LR agitators are driven by geared motors and the LM agitators are provided with direct motors.
These agitators are installed in a slanted position. The rotation of the propeller creates a flow that impells the product to the bottom of the tank and then raises up to the surface along the wall opposite to the agitator. The effect is promoted if the bottom is rounded.
The agitator is installed decentralized to enhance the circular flow. Thus,
Design and Features
- Internal mechanical seal: EN12756 (DIN 24960 L1K).
- Economical for use in large volume tanks.
- Robust and sanitary design.
- Easy maintenance.
- he propeller fixed to the shaft by means of a threaded
- connection and a gasket.
- Helical geared motors with food-grade oil.
- Motor: 3 ph, 230/400 V, 50 Hz, IP55, 1500 rpm.
- Marine propeller (Type10).
- Parts in contact with the product : AISI 316L
- Lantern and bearing support : GG 15
- Mechanical seal : C/SiC/EPDM
- Gaskets : EPDM
- Surface finish : Ra ≤ 0,8 Μm
- SiC/SiC mechanical seal.
- Double mechanical seal.
- Gaskets: FPM.
- Safety packing.
- High flow (Type 19) propeller for LR agitators.
- St.St. motor shroud.
- Motors with other protections.
- ATEX (LR) model available.